Ulpan (Hebrew immersion course) is winding down and baby #3 is still cooking, so I wanted to kick off my move to Modiin with a special class on Breastfeeding with Instinct.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register
New class in Modiin, Israel for pregnant women!
Space limited to 8 women
Wed, January 23, 8:00 pm
RSVP: email@example.com for location
60 NIS per woman
(private couples classes available by appointment)
Join Debra Waldoks, MPH, RD, CLC for an eye-opening class on how to use your maternal instincts and the baby’s natural reflexes to get breastfeeding off to a good start without pain, doubt, or breastfeeding paraphernalia. If you have ever wondered why something so natural seems so difficult, this is a must-attend class!
In this class you will learn:
* How babies transition to extra-uterine life and what breastfeeding positions support this transition
* How to encourage and use your baby’s reflexes and feeding cues to facilitate efficient breastfeeding (no more 40 minute feedings!)
* How your body learns to make milk for your baby and how the process changes as your baby grows
* How to “Look and Listen” to your baby to see if they are well nourished
* What vitamin you should be tested for, and possibly supplemented with, during pregnancy that affects the bone structure your baby needs to nurse successfully
* Why breastfeeding does not work out as planned for many moms and what you can do about it
* Why it is important to learn all these things while you are pregnant and not after the baby is born
* How to practice and train your muscle memory without nursing pillows, chair gliders or other external items.
About the presenter:
Debra Waldoks, MPH, RD, CLC is a USA Certified Lactation Counselor and Registered Dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Public Health. She has successfully implemented breastfeeding initiatives in New York City’s prison-based nurseries and low income hospitals by training hundreds of nurses and hospital administration in breastfeeding education and policies. She also specializes in pediatric nutrition, fertility & PCOS nutrition, and prenatal nutrition, and was an adjunct lecturer in nutrition in New York City before moving to Israel in August 2012.
Contact her at Debra@BeyondPrenatals.com for more information and to register.